Focused exclusively on the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove brand of luxury kitchen appliances, Clarke Customer Care is New England’s premier appliance repair service. Since 1959, our customers have entrusted us with the care of their beautiful homes, and now we are growing faster than ever.
That’s where you come in. Our customers pay for best-in-class service experiences, and to deliver on that promise, our company and the Sub-Zero Group invest in the continuing education of our technicians. New hires must also learn the soft and technical skills they’ll need to meet our demanding standards.
We are seeking a full-time instructor for our facility outside Boston, MA. You must have experience teaching and making lesson plans for HVAC/R classes. And don’t worry, with your refrigeration experience, you’ll easily learn the three brands we service (with our support).
Help Our Team Grow
In addition to a starting salary of $80,000 annually, Clarke Customer Care offers a competitive benefit package, including:
- 401 (k) with matching
- Health insurance
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Instructing students on proper diagnosing, repair and maintenance practices for refrigeration systems, cooking units and other household appliances
- Working with equipment manufacturers to develop new trainings
- Training students in the basic principles of electricity, wiring diagrams, meters and circuit components
- Training students in refrigeration principles and systems, diagnosis, sealed system repair and compressor repair
- Teaching students about refrigerants, environmental regulations and ozone depletion.
- Conducting lessons and hands-on training in classrooms and workshops
- Ensuring that students are following safety procedures during hands-on activities
- Designing curricula for continuing education and training programs for technicians and other industry professionals
- Developing lesson plans for classroom instruction and hands-on training exercises
- 4-year degree in a related field with HVAC/R background
- 5+ years of field experience
Candidates with any of the following recognized certifications will be preferred:
- Teacher’s Certification
- Industry Certifications (e.g.: EPA, HVAC Excellence, NATE, OSHA)
- Industry Licensees (e.g.: Contractor, P.E.)
- Strong and in-depth knowledge of the residential and commercial HVAC/R industry including the mechanical and electrical systems and industry tools and best practices.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational education curricula and best practices
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in the areas of collaboration, team participation, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, group planning, and decision-making
- Ability to effectively present information and convey knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for life-long learning
- Demonstrate multicultural awareness and an ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Participate in professional development activities such as conferences, workshops, trainings, and professional organizations
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers, projectors, and other technology-based teaching tools
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
Our employees deserve stable, high-paying careers they can take pride and joy in, and that includes you. If you have questions about the instructor position or our company, please contact Mike Fotiades, Director of Operations, at (508) 458-2232.